September 10-11, 2022
Be a part of the Sugar Mountain Golf Classic! Hosted by the Sugar Mountain Golf Club, this championship tournament is an individual medal, stroke play event featuring plenty of prizes and surprises. It’s open to amateur men and women ages 18 and over. Voted the #2 executive course in the USA, the Village of Sugar Mountain’s public course is one of the most popular in the High Country of the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
Sugar Mountain Golf Classic Schedule
Saturday, Sept 10, 8:30 AM: Shotgun start (sign-in begins 7:30 AM)
Sunday, Sept 11, 1 PM: Shotgun starts based on Saturday’s qualifying round – followed by cookout & awards
Cash prizes for the top three finishers in each of the three flights with the overall low scorer named amateur champion: first place $250, second place $125, third place $75. Additional prizes provided by local businesses include “closest to the pin” on all par threes.
Enter Now: Limited Spots
Entry fee is TBA/person and includes both days of play (cart & green fee), and Sunday post-play cookout by Caddyshack Cafe with awards celebration. Entry deadline is September 3, 2022, limited to the first 72 entrants. Call 828-898-6464 for more info.
- Contestants are expected to (1) know and play by the rules of golf, (2) conduct themselves at all times in a sportsmanlike manner, (3) respect the golf course and the rights of other contestants, (4) fulfill their playing obligations and (5) know and abide by the “Ready Golf” policy in regards to pace of play.
- 14-club limit, penalty for making a stroke with a non-conforming golf club is disqualification.
- The use of conforming distance measuring devices is permitted during the competition.
- Proper golf attire (collared shirt, no jeans) is preferred but not mandatory. Absolutely no tank tops or cut offs are allowed. Metal spikes are prohibited on the golf course and practice areas.
- Spectator carts will not be allowed.
- The SMGC reserves the right to alter any of the conditions and schedules herein. The decision of the Committee in any matter shall be final.
Stay on Sugar Mountain
We invite you to stay in a vacation rental in our mile-high resort village and enjoy the many things to do in our area. The Sugar Mountain Tourism Development Authority is delighted to sponsor the tournament. See our Fall Guide to help plan your trip. Looking for places to eat? See our Dining Directory.
Sugar Mountain Golf Club is owned and operated by the Village of Sugar Mountain. Read more about us.