Looking for specials, promos and discounts for your Sugar Mountain Resort Ski Trip? Below is a list of ways to save during the 2021-22 ski season. Also, book lodging well in advance for the best deals.
Where to get tickets? There no options for online tickets. Buy lift tickets at the main ticket windows in front of the main lodge as you approach from the parking lot, in the Rental Department, and in the Ski School building. If you need rental equipment, go directly to the Rental Department to buy tickets and pay for rentals at the same time.
Winter 2021-2022 Sugar Mountain Ski Discounts
Here are ways to save:
- Ski midweek (Monday-Friday) and save up to 40% on lift tickets and 25% on rental equipment, except for the last two weeks of December for Christmas. Check current rates.
- March Madness rates begin March 7, 2022 and continue until closing. They are the lowest of the season – saving more than 20% off midweek and weekend rates for both lift tickets and equipment rentals. Check current rates.
- Also save up to 25% on ice skating and 16% on tubing on Monday-Friday (except holiday peak time of Dec 13-Jan 2).
- Often find lower midweek rates on vacation rentals on the mountain. See our Places To Stay / Vacation Rentals Guide.
- College Student Discount: Students of North Carolina and Tennessee colleges, universities and community colleges qualify for discounted slope/lift tickets. Some restrictions and blackout periods apply. Discounts available for Sunday’s Night Session plus all sessions Monday through Thursday. Not available during Christmas weeks, Martin Luther King Weekend or President’s Day Weekend. Get details.
- Military Discount: Available to all active duty United States military personnel, their spouses and dependent children 17 & under. Discounts available every day of the season (up to 25%), there are no blackout periods. Bring your government issued Military ID and present to the cashier before purchasing your tickets. Get details.
- Local School Snow Day Rates: Available to K-12 students and teachers on days that school is cancelled due to winter weather. Pricing available to Ashe, Avery, Mitchell & Watauga counties in North Carolina and Carter & Johnson counties in Tennessee. Get details.
- Staying a week? Save with Multi-Day ski rentals are available for up to 5 days. No refunds for early returns.
- Kids 4 and Under are free. Come to the administration office and get a free lift ticket upon approval. Parents or guardians are required to purchase a lift ticket for themselves before they receive the free lift ticket.
- Seniors Discount: Anyone 70 and older (septuagenarian) qualifies for complimentary skiing/riding. To obtain your complimentary skiing/riding privileges go Sugar Mountain Resort’s administration office on the second floor of the main lodge building and present a photo ID. A season pass will be issued for a processing fee of $25, or receive a daily ticket at no charge.
- Get a Sugar Mountain Season Pass to ski anytime all winter! Order early (in summer or early fall) to save even more. Also, order online. Read more.
- The Gold Card season pass will allow you to ski unlimited at all six North Carolina ski areas (Appalachian, Beech, Cataloochee, Sapphire Valey, Sugar and Wolf Ridge) for $950. They sell-out quickly. Get details.
- Parking is free, including shuttles from remote lots on peak days.