Explore Sugar Mountain Resort’s winter wonderland with a guided Snowshoe Tour. Treks range from a casual walk to an intense workout. Experienced guides accommodate your needs. Each tour is one hour long and includes your snowshoes. It’s a unique experience that you cannot find elsewhere in the North Carolina mountains.
The tour is roughly a mile and takes you up a few of the gentler ski slopes. No experience is needed. After the guide helps to fit your shoes, you are immediately walking atop many feet of snow. It’s a fantastic way to experience the beauty of Sugar Mountain if you are not skiing or snowboarding. Gloves and hats are a must. Waterproof coats, pants and shoes are highly recommended especially on snowy days.
Snowshoe by cascading creeks and enjoy the mountain views. Here are more details:
- Tours are usually Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays (3 PM) and Saturday (9 AM & 3 PM).
- Both adult (age 12+) and children (ages 8-11) tours available.
- 2023-24 season cost is $38/person
- Sign up at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time in the Ski and Snowboard School building located beside the main lodge.
- If you park in a remote lot (free parking), the shuttle drops you off nearby.
- Groups welcome.
- Go to their website for more info.