A new playground in the treetops opened in summer 2022 in the Village of Sugar Mountain – located next to the popular Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster. The multi-level Wilderness Run Adventure Course features a series of activities designed to safely test your balance and climbing skills plus increase self-reliance – all while safely harnessed. Navigate 28 aerial obstacles during your climbing time – designed for ages 8 to adult. There is also a mini course for the tiniest daredevils!
A registered check-in time is required to explore the Adventure Course. This guarantees you a time to arrive and begin the instructional portion of your visit. Allow 1.5 hours with a full hour of climb time and play. There are routes of varying difficulty. While it’s self-guided, there are trained specialists nearby to assist at any time.
Know Before You Go
- Participants must be 60” tall to participate alone or 48″ tall and accompanied on the course at all times by someone who is at least 60″ tall and 16 years old (recommended age is 8 years old).
- Participants maximum weight is 250 lbs. Minimum weight is 50 lbs.
- Participants must safely fit in full body harness.
- Dresses and skirts are not allowed due to elevated course and full body harness.
- No flip-flops, open toe or open heel shoes are allowed. Ensure shoe laces are tied and shoes are secure.
- Adventure Course: $42/adult & $32/youth
- Little Explore Course (age 2-7): $7/person
- Military and first responder discount.
- Go to their website for info and to book a time.
Wilderness Run Adventure Course is located on NC Highway 184 near the main entrance to Sugar Mountain.
3277 Tynecastle Hwy, Banner Elk, NC 20604
See other Things to Do in the Sugar Mountain area.